SETTERAPP: A Social Media Marketing Tool.
4 min read
The most recent project I have worked on is a team project called SetterApp. SetterApp is an advertising technology solution that provides small and medium scale enterprise seamless management of their social media accounts on one platform. This application is an ongoing project in TIIDELAB fellowship by the team Pacesetter. This project has undergone several phases of software development. It includes the following:
1. SOFTWARE REQUIREMENT SPECIFICATION: A Software Requirement Specification is a description of a software application to be developed. It lays out functional and non-functional requirements, it includes a set of use cases that describe user’s interactions that the software must provide to the users for perfect interaction. We understand that social media marketing is one of the problems facing small, medium and large scale businesses and after ideating and brainstorming on how to proffer a solution to this problem. We came up with SetterApp. This is a team project that is being developed and will be executed to help business owners to manage their social media marketing.
The Software Requirement Specification
2. FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENT DOCUMENT: Functional Requirements Document serves as a contract for formal statement, between the business stakeholders and the technology team, on an application’s functional requirements. This FRD was presented by the team in response to the business requirements (captured in a BRD - Business Requirements Document, PRD - Product Requirements document, or some other suitable format). The key purpose of an FRD is to bridge the gap between business and technology. This is where the project stakeholders and the technical development team meet. The creation of the FRD forces and ensures collaboration and address both sides of the coin: The Functional Requirements Document (FRD) is one way to express functional specifications and define the requirements and functional solution direction of software solution. The FRD is not the only way - there are other functional specification formats and templates, depending on methodology and organizational needs.
3. USER RESEARCH: A user research focuses on understanding user behaviors, needs, and motivations through interviews, surveys, usability evaluations and other forms of feedback methodologies. It is used to understand how people interact with products and evaluate whether design solutions meet their needs. We proceeded by sending out survey questions through google form to over 150 business owners and we had a total of 102 responses. From the feedback gathered, we were able to figure out our user personas, problem statement, target market, competitive analysis, pain point and gain point analysis, and value proposition.
4. USER PERSONA: User personas are archetypical users whose goals and characteristics represent the needs of a larger group of users. Usually, a persona is presented in a one or two-page document (like the one you can see in the example below). Such 1–2-page descriptions include behavior patterns, goals, skills, attitudes, and background information, as well as the environment in which a persona operates. From the response we got from the user research, we deduced this user persona.
The User Persona
5. PROBLEM STATEMENT: A survey carried out has shown that 60% of business owners tend to engage various customers on various social media handles at the same time which leads to waste of time, increase advert cost and low turnout of sales.
6. VALUE PROPOSITION: SetterApp has different competitors such as hootsuite and sprout socials. they have different value proposition but are limited in different ways. SetterApp comes with several value proposition which includes: social media optimization, easy to use platform, schedule content dashboard, post scheduling and advertisement. Its specific values include:
- Efficient and convenient platform that is easy to use.
- Support of multiple social media accounts on one dashboard.
- Dashboard for visualizing scheduled contents
- Features that includes running of advertisement
- Automated scheduling of posts.
7. USER INTERFACES: SetterApp have a unique and friendly user interfaces. This platform is easy to use and navigate through with visualized post contents. Some of the user interface designed is add below.
The SignUp Page
The Login Page
The Analytics Page
Thank you for taking out time to read this article.
Please kindly follow my social media handles Twitter: twitter.com/Yuu_deey?t=ShM-UAtCcuE0py1QC2RX.. Linkedln: linkedin.com/in/udeme-eko Facebook: facebook.com/udeme.eko